Sunday, May 19, 2013

Videos, Changes, Life, Excitement!

Yes, I've been a little lax on the blogging thing. I promise, it's because we've been busy. And are about to get a lot busier. And no, we're not having another baby.

Well, almost. No, not at all. We're buying a house! And I'm getting back to work (tomorrow!)!

So we're under contract for a house in the Baltimore neighborhood of Pikesville. Hoping to move in late June/early July should all go as planned. I was hesitant to put anything about it out in public land, but we've gotten our funding set, had inspection and our (lovely) sellers have agreed to make all of the repairs we requested. Hooray! And get ready for this little blog to take a little turn as we will do our best to track our plunge into the Do it Yourself world over here, because the house is AMAZING, but needs a ton of updating. We're excited to share that journey over here, as it's going to start taking over a lot of our time.

Here's a sneak peek:



And just a taste of the interior:




And yes, that is fabulous wallpaper, amazing green shag carpeting AND all yellow cabinetry with a yellow fridge to match. We're pumped about each one!

Work! I start tomorrow. I'm going to be the Director of Engagement and Leadership of the Baltimore Jewish Federation, known as The Associated. I'm excited, and nervous and a little more excited.

So here goes nothing. New job, new house, lots of celebrations. Wish us luck...

And a video, so you can remember what our silly kiddos look like:



2 comments:

  1. So like, I just want to say, that I missed the Mimi memo whereby you LEFT our lovely organization and decided to hang out with other awesome Jewish people and impart your wisdom and love upon them, rather than us.

    So. Let it be known that while I LOVE (read: hate) change, I want you to know that I actually LOVE risk taking, and so I hope this is an awesome and exciting and fulfilling risk, and that you do wonderful things for the people you serve. And if they ever need a reminder about how awesome you are, just tell them to call RABBI DANIELLE in Athens, Ohio. 'Cause I will tell them WHAT'S up.

    Gosh. We didn't even get to have CAKE. In St. Louis. In the sweltering heat.

    Much love. So. Much. Love. And blessings of joy and gratitude for the gifts you give the world. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle- you're going to make me cry! I know, I snuck this little move on everyone. Looking forward to getting to be in touch and hear about your Hillel and brilliant family. Everything I know about Engagement I learned at Hillel, mostly from you guys on campus, so excited to share the lessons in this next move. And to continue working with the Baltimore Hillels!

      Delete