Monday, May 21, 2012

Pool Club!

With the weather heating up around town, I knew we'd need some water activities to keep us cool this summer. Unlike DC, there aren't any "splash parks" here, playgrounds with fountains and sprinklers for kids. Instead, what I hear, is that Israeli parents just take their kids to regular like, sculpture fountains and let them just go wild. So, that wasn't going to work for me...

After getting back from Pesach, I started researching nearby pools- the hotels have them, some are for guests only, and others accept visitors for day or monthly, but they're for the most part, absurdly expensive. It seems hotels aren't really interested in crowding their pools with locals, I get it.

So, although I'd heard mixed things about our local community pool here on Emek Refaim, I figured it was our best option. It's two blocks away (an on the way is my favorite mushroom bureka bakery, score), has a heated and covered olympic size lap pool with a few lanes, and a baby pool and a kids pool (a little deeper then the baby pool). It also has an attached gym if I am ever so inclined to get on a treadmill. No, it's not as luxurious as a hotel, you have to bring your own towels and the chairs are plastic, but, you know, we'll deal.

Apparently it gets very crowded in July once school is out, but I'd imagine in the baby pool we'll be fine. So we did it. For the price of one month at a hotel pool, we're hooked up for the summer. The pool is going to be our home away from home.

Eitan loves it. He likes to hang out mostly on the steps of the kid pool and walk back and forth and splash.

So, if you're looking for us this summer, that's where we'll be!







No comments:

Post a Comment