Thursday, September 20, 2012

Eitan and a Meringue

A quick stop at a bakery to pick up some challahs for Shabbat was jackpot for Eitan last week. I swear, they keep the best looking stuff on low shelves to torment parents!

I turn around to pay and one second later Eitan has this massive meringue in his hand. The checkout lady told me to just put it back on the shelf (ewww, Eitan's grubby toddler hands were all over it already) but I told her that was gross and I'd just pay for it. Lucky for Eitan that I am not only NOT Israeli, but a sucker who rewards his stealing behavior. I guess I can't hold it against him, I mean, if the world was just there for me to take, I'd take too, right? You would too? I mean, I probably could have/should have given him a piece and gotten rid of the rest (shoving it in my mouth), but you know, again, I'm a sucker.

And it made him so happy and I made him pose for a million pictures, so it's all even. Except the whole sugar addiction thing.

The thing is, the past few weeks I can't stop taking pictures of Eitan. Most of them don't even make it here because they have nothing to do with anything other then my realizing that he's almost two and this kind of baby kind of little boy stage is fleeting. Really there's very little baby left of him, he communicates everything, walks everywhere (when we let him) instead of being in the stroller or carried, and certainly has opinions about us, what we're doing and what we have planned for him.

If you don't believe me, here are just a few of the million pictures I took of Eitan just at that one moment:











No comments:

Post a Comment