Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Celebration Continues

Today's Hebrew date is 5 Cheshvan which means it's Eitan's hebrew birthday! At schools here in Israel they celebrate Hebrew birthdays not English so today at school it was party time.

It was both of our first experiences with Israeli birthday traditions, and Eitan pretty much had no clue what was going on. I mean, I didn't either, but he REALLY didn't. He also wasn't so into the crown that his teachers made him and told me I should wear it. I got it on for a few minutes when it was cake time. Nothing distracts like sugar.

They sang songs, did this thing where he puts flowers in a basket and gives it to his mom (that's me) to say thank you for taking care of me type thing, the teachers tried to pick him up in a chair but he wasn't having any of it, and then, there was cake. That part he understood crystal clear.










When I picked Eitan up at the end of the day the teachers gave me balloons and a book of pictures drawn by all of his little friends in school. They also told me he didn't take off the crown the whole day. Here are some shots of the loot once we got home.






No comments:

Post a Comment