Thursday, October 3, 2013

When Parents Stalk

One day this week I walked in from work and Ami looked at me and make the shush sign (you know, pointer finger over mouth?). I thought that was weird, because our kids aren't going to be woken up from naps by the noise of me walking in the door, but as it turns out, they weren't sleeping at all.

He told me that after Eitan woke up from his nap Levavi crawled in there, and for 20  minutes they had been playing by themselves, quietly and giggling. Ummm. Wrong boys perhaps? The predator and the screecher playing together, quietly? 

Too scared to open the door, we snuck outside and peeked into Eitan's room. And there they were, quietly playing, Eitan directing Levs to crawls over the tops of the storage bins. 

So I went back into the house, cracked open the door and started snapping our two pants-less boys playing together. And I saw the light at the end of the toddler/baby torture tunnel. 



After a couple of minutes they spotted me and it was all over, but it's almost worth it because it didn't end in tears. I'm so proud of these boys! 

And for all you folks that love telling us we need more toys, well, take that, storage bins as toys even though there's a room full of the dumb toys down the hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment