Sunday, August 26, 2012

Going, Going, Gone...

Last week (my brother) Hudy and (future Sister in Law) Debra came in Jerusalem one evening to hang out and have dinner with us. Okay, so maybe it was for my birthday, but whatever. I suggested we go somewhere in the Shuk as it's close to the central bus station so easy for them to get to, and also close to Ami's work and football practice so he could join us for a bit between.

Me and sidekick Eitan met up with Ami when he finished work around 5 and we strolled around the area until the Tel Aviv crew arrived at 6ish. Sitting on Yafo street, we noticed a wall of boxes being built. It reminded me of the days before our move here- with our own wall of packed boxes for storage that I called our "Kotel of boxes", and remember saying, "see, we don't have to move to Jerusalem, we have our own Kotel right here in DC" (it didn't work, here we are). But, I digress, a Kotel of boxes right outside the Shuk.






So Ami thought this wall of boxes was cool and took some pictures. And what happened next didn't occur to either of us, but Nina sent me this picture on her phone today:


So it seems they get compacted up somehow and loaded onto a big truck and taken somewhere...

And because this post started with Hudy and Debra's dinner visit, here are two snapshots, also because no Eitan-less posts are allowed. The picture of Hudy and Eitan even made it to GlassesUSA.com's photo of the day (we MIGHT have an in there, ahem), and the other one of me, Debra and Nina got a few "likes" on our facebook pages. So that's that.




By the way, we went to Pasta Basta in the Shuk. They make all the pasta and sauces etc on site and from fresh Shuk produce. Delicious. Go. I can't remember everything we all had, there was lots of delicious sauces going around and we ended with panna cotta and tiramisu, and those I definitely remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment